Chairman Pakistan Super League (PSL) Najam Sethi said on Monday that once Pakistan is successful in hosting the league final in Lahore on March 5, at least one or two foreign teams are possible to tour Pakistan later in the year.
Addressing a press conference along with new promoters of the league, Homage, Sethi said the government has reserved several steps to improve the security situation which would be vigorous to convince the foreign teams to resume cricket in Pakistan.
He said the recent visit to Lahore by Giles Clarke, chairman of the ICC Task Force on Pakistan, was a good thing and he went back satisfied with the security measures.
Sethi said the PSL was a strength of the country and everyone should protect it as national interest.
He observed that through PSL, some new and talented players were exposed who found their place in the national team as well.
Sethi stressed that the PSL had no lack of sponsors today which is a very different and healthy situation compared to the time when the PCB launched it last year.
He said a second draft of the players could be held during the PSL to provide the players an option to either go to Lahore to play the final or withdraw from it.
He said the PSL wanted to also include the representatives of FICA in the process of warranting them and their security agency that the security arrangements in Pakistan are completely satisfactory. FICA has elevated concerns in the recent past over the security situation in Pakistan and recommended the players not to go to Lahore to play the PSL final.
He said PSL base would increase gradually with the 6th, 7th and 8th teams included in the league.
Meanwhile, Parsa Rafique CEO Homage said it is an honor to have partnered with Pakistan’s leading T20 league with the purpose to encourage the new talent through the exciting sports series.